Monday, February 25, 2008

Some Moron Sent Me A Threatening Email

The world is made up of two kinds of people. Those who live loud and those who hide hopelessly. I was recently told to shut my trap by the latter. This person also had some suggestions as to where they would shove my cell phone. Hate to disappoint but since it's a blackberry there are no certainties it will fit there. This was done anonymously via email. Our I.T. dept have mustered their FBI skills and are still on the lookout.

Me and my friends within the office have our fingers pointed towards the obvious culprit. It doesn't take a genius. It's the ONE person in the office who doesn't know or talk to me. The complete opposite of me. Someone who regards her cubicle to be her little safety dome. A place to hide...and send silly emails to coworkers. I feel bad for her. I came close to introducing myself, smile on my face, hand extended in kindness. It would have caused a shock, I'm certain. I decided not to. I have nothing to prove and I also wouldn't be able to perform CPR on the poor thing.

I may have gotten this one bad review but my whole life I've gotten fan mail. However, when I did get dirt kicked in my face I rubbed it off. That simple. I was always the underdog so I know what its like to wear this person's shoes. At some point we all have to make the choice to take the high road or the low road. This girl who sent me the email had the same dirt kicked in her face. Was dealt the same blows. And I think we all know the road she has chosen.

No comments: