Monday, March 24, 2008

Only $1,400 To Erase The Past...with a Laser!

I wrapped my arms around any pain-killing device I could get near me in anticipation of a painful procedure that would eliminate the tattoo on my left hip. When I was young and stupid I took a trip to 8 Mile in Detroit for a tattoo I never really wanted. This afternoon I hit 57th and Lex in NYC to get it lasered off.

Claire, a trusted friend and colleague, joined me. In order to brace myself for the pain to come we met at a dive bar near the doctor's office. Pointer: If you want an excuse to drink before 2:00 PM get a tattoo and then have it removed. After a bourbon and Advil cocktail I was sedate enough to endure an elephant standing on my head.

Once we reached the office I was good and loopy. To make a long story short, we all put on funny sun-glasses, Doc pointed a weird device at me and before we knew it my tattoo was a little bit lighter than yesterday. It will take 5 more visits to reduce the tattoo to nothing. If you're one of the few and lucky you may get to see the results. Till then...cheers!

No comments: