Are you without a paddle? Without a job? Without a penny? Because I got some property for you and nearly 75% of this country is going into debt paying for it.That's pretty much what Michael Moore dishes out to his audience in Capitalism: A Love Story. I recommend everyone on the verge of losing their home see this movie. And anyone who doesn't have a job. And anyone living in Michigan. Hell...anyone.
I went to the premiere and though I was not completely surprised by the rage and fear capitalism has brought to this country, I did learn a lot about it's origins. I learned that Ronald Reagan was a douche bag and the first president to open the corporate floodgate into Washington. I learned about a disturbing (and oddly legal) clause called Dead Peasants. I learned what it's like to be inside a home when a family is kicked out due to foreclosure.
Unfortunately, no enlightenment whether the government and the banking system will pay for what they've done. THAT has to be the most disturbing portion of the movie; the unanswered question of accountability. Aside from yacht shrinkage, the people who put you and your future children up shit's creek will hardly be effected by this. Especially since all of us bailed them out.
No comments:
Post a Comment