Sunday, June 6, 2010

Too Old To Wear A Onesie

I celebrated my birthday last week. I am, well...one year older than I was last year. I usually have some kind of physical reaction the week of my birthday but this time around, it sailed past with nary a sign of its existence other than a big party followed by dinner with my closest friends and then another big party. How can you pout about getting old when your birthday was so awesome, right?

While shopping the other day I used the words "I'm too old to wear that" to a very sweet sales attendant at an East Village boutique. She asked me to try on a romper. Rompers have always looked like a diaper sewn to your t-shirt but the new silk ones are pretty cute and if you had legs like mine, you'd wear one too. I digress, because the point of the story is...it doesn't matter how good you look in a romper, if you're my age, you shouldn't be wearing one. Of course the attendant said "Too old? What are you talking about? That's like stupid." Some people think I look younger then I actually am. I wasn't about to tell this 16 year old she's trying to put a diaper on someone who's old enough to be her...older sister.

So, onwards and upwards I say. I have chosen to embrace my age (that doesn't mean I have to share it with you) and enjoy what little time we have on this planet. I'll be doing that in appropriate attire.

No comments: