Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Spoonful Of Sugar



I'm on day three of the master cleanse so maybe I'm hyper-critical of those who over-indulge...of which Paula Deen is the poster-woman. I saw the clip I posted here a year ago. Therefore, at the moment she took a bite out of a meat paddy topped with a fried egg and bacon and sandwiched between two Krispy Kreme donuts, she was well aware she has diabetes. She made a good chunk of money leading her audience to respiratory failure and now she can expand her audience to those shopping for diabeties meds.

Many people addicted to drugs know exactly what their fate is. Whether it be cigarettes, crack or alcohol; their destiny is looming and it's taking a back seat to their drug of choice. Instead of taking the high road and telling her audience she's going to kick the addiction to dangerous food, lose some weight and lose the diabetes; she's going to sell you some meds and teach you how to deep fry a macaroni and cheese ball.

So, I'm on a cleanse and attacking a woman who wouldn't go near a cleanse with a six foot baguette, so who am I to judge? I love fattening food. I ate pizza with friends a week and a half ago and insisted we start with prosciutto wrapped around mozzarella cheese. And I've had deep fried oreos and they were damn good. And I firmly believe broccoli only tastes good with cheese on it. But I practice all of this in moderation and Paula didn't suggest moderation to her audience (though she's suggesting it now that everyone's hissing at her).

Fingers are crossed I can make it to day ten (I've only managed to get to 7 days in the past) and when that day comes and I phase back into solid food, pizza may be on the menu...and it will be sandwiched between salads.

1 comment:

Chelsie said...

Awesome blog post. =) I laughed a few times too! That sandwich made me sick just looking at it. Total overindulgence, I'm pretty sure everyone knows Krispy Kreme etc. should be done in moderation, if at all. Good luck with your fast, I started my juice fast today. =)