Friday, January 18, 2008
Can Insecurity Die With Age? ...Depends.
Over drinks and dinner with a couple of my lady friends one of them spoke up in reference to her self-esteem...lack thereof. "I'm bigger than I once was. I can't control my ability to walk away from a Krispy Kreme. My wrinkles have wrinkles". In moments where the insecurity sets in I encourage you to look to the future for some clarity and you will find it in aisle nine next to the suppositories. Imagine that first moment of reaching for the Depends diapers. I'll tell you what will be going through your mind when that day comes. "There was a time when I was young, pretty-darn cute and I could control when I took a dump. What did I do with all that time? I complained"
My wise brother once said "the death bed is not the place to make life changing decisions". He's right. The time is now. Look, if you got a war brewing you must attack with all your amo, not a quarter of it, and focus more on the process and not the results. You'll appreciate the little things more. Like...not having to wear a diaper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment