When Chris Columbus neared the island I am currently drinking rum on, he titled it Virgin Gorda (Fat Virgin) since it bared a striking resemblance to a large lady floating. Now, if you don't know this about me you shall now learn, I have been to almost every island in the Caribbean. All of them have their own distinct qualities but all of them share the same tourist-going element. If you ever get the chance to break away from the pack and take the two hour ferry from St. Thomas to V.G. you would be doing your soul a great service. The villa I am staying in is unbelievable. It's on the side of a mountain with a swimming pool overlooking the ocean. I spent the afternoon kayaking on another nearby island and laying in a hammock. Heaven. *Pic to the right is NOT a postcard. That's right. It really was that unbelievable.
No comments:
Post a Comment